Monday, February 8, 2010

Impromptu Superbowl party

My husband and I had discussed having a superbowl party and then decided against it. We were just going to hang out with the baby and watch the game. Of course last minute he decided to invite over some family members (and by last minute I mean about 4 hours before kickoff) I quickly threw together some snacks for the football lovin crowd. I was a little bummed because if I knew ahead of time I could have made some really cool food and rockin decor... but everyone had a good time and that is what mattered. GO SAINTS!

Menu:
Buffalo Chicken dip with celery and tortilla chips
Matt's famous dip with potato chips
Garden salad with lots of veggies
Hot dogs with secret recipe Coney Sauce
Baked Parmesan Garlic fries
Black and white brownie bites
Coca Cola
Beer

Decor:
None.... no notice

Recipes:

Buffalo Chicken Dip with celery and tortilla chips : aka crack dip. The ultimate football food


Matt's famous dip with potato chips: I wish I could tell you the exact measurements, but this is my husbands recipe. He doesnt exactly measure. He just keeps adding things and tasting it til he likes the result

2 (8oz) bricks of cream cheese
1/4 of a large onion (chopped finely)
ketchup
tobasco sauce
Garden Salad with lots of veggies
Romain, radicchio, cheddar cheese, grape tomatoes, mushrooms and carrots. Served with homemade balsamic vinaigrette. 

*Insert pic*

Kosher beef hot dogs with secret recipe Coney Sauce.
I wish I could share the recipe, but my life has been threatened. It is hands down the best coney sauce Ive ever had, but it is a secret recipe among my husbands family. Rumor has it one of the aunties worked at a famous hot dog stand back in the day and snagged the recipe.
Oven Roasted Parmesan Garlic Fries
a healthier than deep fried french fry

Black and white brownie bites
A semi homemade recipe! I will be sharing this sometime this week.

Everyone loved the food! Not bad for a few hours notice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa... you did a super job with just 4 hours prep.

Related Posts with Thumbnails