Thursday, January 28, 2010

Chicken and Brie Sandwich with Roasted Tomato


I found this recipe here while looking for a way to use up the 1/2 round of brie I had in my fridge. Its from the June 2001 issue of Cooking Light magazine. Its such an amazing mix of flavors! I think I could eat the tomatoes on anything!! I used leftover shredded chicken and a loaf of sourdough bread (my grocery was out of french bread :0 ) I also used 1t dried thyme because I was out of fresh.

Makes 6 sandwiches

1  teaspoon  olive oil
2  cups  halved cherry tomatoes (about 1 pound)
2  tablespoons  balsamic vinegar
1  tablespoon  chopped fresh thyme (i used 1 t dried thyme)
1/4  teaspoon  salt
1/8  teaspoon  black pepper
1/4  cup  low-fat mayonnaise
1  tablespoon  whole-grain Dijon mustard
1  garlic clove, minced
1  (16-ounce) loaf French bread
3  ounces  Brie cheese, sliced
3  cups  shredded cooked chicken breast
2  teaspoons  extra-virgin olive oil
1  teaspoon  balsamic vinegar
1/8  teaspoon  salt
2  cups  fresh spinach

Preheat oven to 300

1. Mix mayo, garlic and mustard. Place in fridge til you need it
2. Heat 1t olive oil  over med-high heat. Add tomatoes. Saute 5 minutes
3. Remove from heat. Add balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and thyme. Bake for 15 minutes
4. Cut loaf of bread lengthwise
5. Spread mayo on the top portion of the bread
6. Spread tomato mixture on bottom portion of bread
7. Top hot tomatoes with sliced brie (it wil start to melt)
8. Top brie with warm shredded chicken
9. Whisk together 2t evoo, 1t balsamic vinegar and pinch of salt. Dump in spinach. Toss
10. Top chicken with spinach mixture
11. Put the top on the sandwich
12. Slice into 6 sandwiches.

3 comments:

ErinsFoodFiles said...

This sounds delicious!! I have a recipe from Cooking Light in my blog already that is similar to this (found here), so I'm sure I'd like this one you've posted! YUM! And I have Brie in my fridge waiting to be used too!

yanmaneee said...

jordan shoes
supreme clothing
nike air max 95
adidas yeezy
hermes birkin
michael kors handbags
louboutin shoes
balenciaga shoes
golden goose
louboutin

seaseau said...

you could try this out Chloe Dolabuy Resources good quality replica bags additional resources Dolabuy Bottega Veneta

Related Posts with Thumbnails